Planning the menu for your wedding reception may sometimes feel like a minefield. Finding something that keeps your guests happy and keeps the party going while adding style and personality to your event can be a challenge. Here are some helpful tips to help you design the ideal menu for your celebration.
Choosing a Flavour and a Style
The style of your dinner service will set the whole tone of your celebration, so you need to decide in advance exactly what you want. Is formality an important part of your day? Then a sit-down dinner with several courses is the ideal choice. Would you prefer something casual with plenty of time and space for music and dancing? A buffet with finger foods is perfect and won’t leave your guests too full to hit the dancefloor. The flavour of your menu is also an important consideration. You will probably want to plan your choice of foods around seasonal produce if you want to capture the best taste, and locally produced produce is likely to be much fresher and tastier.
Every bride and groom know that food plays a key role in their wedding reception and making the right choices can help to make your guests feel welcomed and warm. If you want to be certain of giving your guests an impressive experience, one of the best solutions is to book your reception at a popular restaurant that you love and know well. Restaurant weddings are also one of the easiest options for any couple who wants to enjoy a complete wedding experience without worrying about any of the stressful planning details as everything you could possibly need will already be in place. Here is some helpful advice if you are thinking of arranging the perfect restaurant celebration.
Decorating the Venue
Most reception venues have a neutrally designed décor which can be transformed to the theme of your wedding, however a restaurant already has its own distinctive style. While you won’t be able to make alterations to the design of the venue, there are some customisations that you can make to fit with your theme such as flowers or table decorations, and you should check whether this is allowed before you make your booking.
If you are planning a wedding, you might be interested to find out more about these interesting wedding facts from all over the world. But if you’re invited to a wedding or a wedding anniversary – then you can take a look at these gold dipped roses from Eternity Rose that can become the gift you’re looking for!
The United States
· Although there is no law in America which states that a bride has to take her husband’s surname, around 70% of American brides decide to change their name after the ceremony
· Las Vegas holds the title of being the most popular wedding destination, with more than 100,000 ceremonies being performed there over the course of a year. Hawaii comes in second, where 25,000 weddings are held
· The average number of guests at an American wedding ceremony is 175
· The most popular month to get married in the USA is June, with the second most popular being August
· Around $72 billion every year is spent on weddings in the USA
· In America, the most popular day to get married is a Saturday. Usually it costs more to get married in the early evening or late afternoon than to get married in the morning.